Friday, June 12, 2009

A blue tour of the valley


It was a blow to find out my glider is still in Austria.............communication breakdown. Thanks to Bernard the local HG instructor I have a 13.5 MR Laminar to tide me over the next 5 days or so till my baby gets here.



Last night Bernard gave me a lift up the hill with his students. Chabre was ridge soarable till dark and I landed at the campsite and made a few adjustments ready to have a workout today.



Thought there was poor lift and wind it was enough to get down to some awesome rock faces near Sisteron and push almost all the way back. I tagged onto a pilot who seemed to fly where I wanted to go. He turned out to be Peter from Germany and saved me the 6km walk back to Larangne.



Broken up blue days are the same the world over and the best thermals mean a dive into leeside. The saiulplanes were good lift markers today.

No comments:

Post a Comment