Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Getting to Larangne















All up it took nearly 48 hours to get here. There were some beautiful cloudstreets in the north of SA and a blur of French countryside but in the main, cattle class long distance travel, is....................well you just want to be there.

It was a good demonstration of French technology getting here. A380 (big, quiet, smooth) and the TGV (smooth and very fast - 300kph - they hold the train record at 570kph!)
I was picked up from the station by the campsite owner Anne Rozoy, had a good meal with some Dutch pilots on holiday, caught up with my family on Skype video and crashed.

The landing site for the worlds is right outside my window and Larangne is a hang gliding Mecca. All I have to do is track down my glider and hopefully I will have something more exciting soon.
Breaking news - I see past world champ Manfred Ruhmer is back on the Austrian team.




No comments:

Post a Comment